View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navillusc View Post
Oh I do so understand about the incision coming open over the weekend! It happened to us with a Shep/Lab, and we were so worried...took her to the ER on Sunday and back to her vet on Monday. We thought they'd stitch her, but they (ER) didn't even put a butterfly over it! Fortunately, we had some and put them on ourselves til we could take her back to her vet...as 'they' advised...first thing Monday morning. I couldn't believe the lack of concern for my baby girl.

I hope there are no issues for you this time and certainly not for Jazzie! Our best wishes to you and Jazzie for everything to go perfectly and that you have no need to stress or worry.
Isn't it terrible when we are so worried about our babies and the ER just acts like, oh well.... I had a mix breed years ago (Nikki) that was attacked on a weekend, we had to rush her to the ER and they had to take her in and do surgery immediately. I thought I smelled alcohol on the doc, but I wasn't sure. The next day Nikki got to come home and she was a mess! The incision wasn't even closed right and you could see her insides. I didn't know this till I got home and changed her bandages. I took her right back to the ER and let me assure you, I was LIVID!! Another doc looked at her and told us she wasn't even closed right and they had to take her back into surgery, cut away the dead meat that occured cause the first doc didn't close her right and then they had to reclose her. I had told the new doc I thought I smelled alcohol on the doc the night before and to my surprise, he said that's nothing new Needless to say, I do everything in my power to never have to go back there again. They took her in and redid what the first doc messed up and didn't charge me for the second surgery.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!