View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
J_is_my_initial
YT 3000 Club Member

After a long time saying, I wanted to stay with regular books, I bit the bullet and bought a kindle 3. Of course, right before the price came down on them. I got the one with special offers. I highly recommend the one with the offers, as I have saved some money with the offers on things I would have bought anyway. My dh says it is the best thing I have ever bought. I think it has something to do with the fact he is not taking me to the used bookstore and spending about $20 every other weekend. He has discovered some of the games on it that he likes and plays them when waiting places like the dr's office.
It is not hard on my eyes that i can tell. But.. I was just at the eye drs and since i am either at a computer or on my kindle about 10 -12 hrs every day, i have been straining my eyes. more to do with beginning cataracts they think. Getting computer glasses ordered today. The type can be set to whatever is good for you. My mom has hers set bigger than mine. My friend has a smaller type.
There is no bright light. Due to the type of ink thingy they use, it is not lit. Though I have a cover that has a built in light. great when power goes out!

Bite the bullet and you prob will not regret it. I researched and decided the kindle with keyboard was best for me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!