View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
licricket
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry View Post
I just got the kindle fire last Saturday, for my birthday(birthday isn't until March). I LOVE IT!! It depends on what you want out of the tablet. You said you don't need it for pictures and the size it right for you...The KF does alot of stuff. And yes....there are TONS of free books. The Ipad is expensive and you have to pay a monthly fee...the KF you don't. However, it does come with Amazon Prime free for 1 month. this is for stream lining movies and tv shows...it costs 79.00 a month if you decide to keep it. If you wanted to watch a movie you could always buy it and have it loaded to you KF. And the best part!! It's WAY cheaper than the Ipad!! If you are on Facebook and type amazon kindle in the search it will bring up there page...like the page and they have free books all the time!
Forgive me, but there are a few mistakes in the above posting.
There is no monthly fee on the iPad, unless you get it with 3G. Also, the prime costs $79/year, not a month, this was probably an error .
I have both the KF and the iPad. I like both, but because of the size I much prefer to read on the KF, or the original Kindle, which I have. The KF is lighted and is so small and light to hold for reading. I could not do without my iPad. Since I bought it, I hardly ever use my computer. One thing that I do not like on the KF, is the email app isn't so great. Plus, in my house, I don't get the wi fi on my second floor with the KF, as with the iPad I get wi fi all over the house.
So, you have a tough choice. Good luck and let us know

Last edited by licricket; 02-10-2012 at 01:19 PM.
licricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!