View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
YorkieMiki
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi guys sorry for bringing this up again.

I've tried the turn around method. It seems to work somewhat but then the next time I take my puppy out he will be belligerant with other dogs again. Even humans he will sometimes lunge at. It's really getting annoying as I've been taking him for walks 2-5 times a day and he continues to do this.

I tried to socialize him a lot when he was younger, but he got his last shot at 4 months just about 2 and a half weeks ago. He mainly stayed in my arms or in a carrying case that u could see through. I would take him into the movies, parks, pet store, he met other dogs/people etc. He used to be so quiet. Not until I started taking him on walks does he start barking. He particularly likes to bark at other small dogs behind fences or if they walk by us.

I live in a pretty dense neighborhood in Los Angeles, there are a lot of small yappy dogs here and you run into lots of people walking around with or without dogs. There are little dogs in my neighborhood which bark constantly and I think Theo hears them and has started barking back, even when we are in my apartment.

I even walk him away and give him a treat when he stops barking.

Anyone have any other advice. Do you think I should get him neutered, would this help with the aggression? I'm guessing it's mainly fear based barking, but he will really lunge and bark fiercely at other dogs.

Help!

Last edited by YorkieMiki; 02-08-2012 at 03:23 PM.
YorkieMiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!