View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #20
Athina
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine
I am afraid your Vet doesn't know too much about Yorkie diets. On my puppy info sheets I give to people who got a puppy from me, I warn them about Caesar's and Royal Canin. I agree with the other post where the other Vets say no Caesar's. In my opinion, if you don't have problems now, you will with time. That's one of the problems when you may be feeding the wrong food, it can take a while before trouble hits and then it can hit big time when it does.
Royal Canin for Yorkies is allegedly formulated by nutritionists but I don't think they know Yorkies either. The protein level is way to high even for puppies. That is very hard on the kidneys/liver as high protein is hard to digest and the waste products in the form of ammonias from the break down of amino acids is hard on kidney/liver. Again, you may not see a problem right away but with time you likely will.
People on high protein fad diets are warned or should be, to drink a lot of water. the reason is to reduce the concentration of the toxins of the byproducts of digestion and flush them more efficiently.
My vet specializes in small animals and is the #1 vet in Toronto, AND has a Yorkie of his own so i'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. My one Yorkie is not a puppy and my other one is 5 months and they are in great health and Enjoy their meals. My best friend owns a 12 year old Yorkie who is on the exact same diet as mine and has had no problems what so ever and her teeth look good for her age. That is why i started my girls on this diet and will keep them on it. I have done research on a lot of top of the line food brands and decided on these two for a reason. Royal Canin also has a food Specialized for Yorkies and puppies.
Have you seen first hand a Yorkie in poor condition due to a Royal Canin and Lil Ceasar diet? and i don't appreciate you telling me that my Yorkie's will have problems in the future due to their diet of Royal Canin and Lil Ceasar's because i think it's a load of BS and a lot of people on YT feed their Yorkie's the same diet I do and probably don't appreciate your misinformation.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!