View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #70
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I am hopeful your vet is giving Louie an anti emetic for the vomiting. I am hopeful the vet still has Louie on IV fluid, with glucose...that should keep him from being hypoglycemic. I am hopeful he is supplementing that baby by force feeding him, even a couple of cc's at a time, every couple of hours.....if YOU have no medical experience, this baby is NOT well enough for you to take him home and successfully pull him through this....he has to have hydration that exceeds what you would be able to get him to take by mouth. Ask your vet if YOU can try to feed Louie every 2 hours, just a couple of cc's of baby food....while he is still in the hospital....that will give you an idea of how labor intensive it will be to take Louie home at this stage of the game.....he should get something to keep him from vomiting 20 minutes prior to feeding, then give him just a little to start with....see if you can be included in his care, while he is there at the vet office....you are looking at complete devotion to Louie 24/7 if you take him home....I do not think that is something you are going to be able to do at this level of his illness, with no medical training behind you....I am praying for little Louie as well as you, sweetie.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!