View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
lillymae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodizt View Post
Thanks Lillymae,
I did look at her little bum and it does seem red. I used super duper magnifying glasses, (I work with tiny tiny beads, so I need these), because my friend said she knew someone who had the same issues with their dachshund and the vet missed that he had fleas. So I looked for fleas. Her coat is black black black and coarse, very coarse, and she was very wiggly, but I did not see any fleas or any live thing moving. And this was while I was wearing Double thick Magnifying glasses. I may have missed them, but if they were there, I would be surprised if I didn't see even one. Still- might have missed them. Oh Gosh, now I am getting all itchy all over my body (LOL). But what you said about allergy, I thought, maybe I used a shampoo she is not used to and she is allergic. Who knows. I think I've used it before, but maybe she just got allergic to it recently. I know I've used other products much more often than this product. It's a thought. I was thinking I would give her little butt a wash with something someone mentioned to me-don't remember who, Dawn dishwashing detergent kills fleas and I believe is non toxic and much safer than flea soaps etc. I have to double check before I use it on her. Just to rule out fleas-if I missed them. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Also this fissure thing-I need to mention it to the vet. Never thought of that. I am a little worried about this.
PS Do you think pumpkin would help in place of metamucil?
You can try the pumpkin or frozen thawed green beans for fiber as it works for most dogs but I was feeding a half of a small can of pumpkin a day & it did not help him, not normal. This is why we had to use the metamucil. If your baby is having a flea allergy then you should be able to see her itching like crazy & sores on her . You can also do an epsom salt soak on her bum, it does not burn raw skin either but helps to sooth it. I would also put neosporin on her bum as it does help. I use the one with pain relief & you can use cortaid as well, I rotate them.
lillymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!