View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Thanks Lillymae,
I did look at her little bum and it does seem red. I used super duper magnifying glasses, (I work with tiny tiny beads, so I need these), because my friend said she knew someone who had the same issues with their dachshund and the vet missed that he had fleas. So I looked for fleas. Her coat is black black black and coarse, very coarse, and she was very wiggly, but I did not see any fleas or any live thing moving. And this was while I was wearing Double thick Magnifying glasses. I may have missed them, but if they were there, I would be surprised if I didn't see even one. Still- might have missed them. Oh Gosh, now I am getting all itchy all over my body (LOL). But what you said about allergy, I thought, maybe I used a shampoo she is not used to and she is allergic. Who knows. I think I've used it before, but maybe she just got allergic to it recently. I know I've used other products much more often than this product. It's a thought. I was thinking I would give her little butt a wash with something someone mentioned to me-don't remember who, Dawn dishwashing detergent kills fleas and I believe is non toxic and much safer than flea soaps etc. I have to double check before I use it on her. Just to rule out fleas-if I missed them. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Also this fissure thing-I need to mention it to the vet. Never thought of that. I am a little worried about this.
PS Do you think pumpkin would help in place of metamucil?

Last edited by broodizt; 02-03-2012 at 10:00 PM.
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!