View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Love Help. Muffin crying yipping scooting intermittently

HI everyone,
I need your help, as the doctors, the ER, and even my wholistic vet cannot seem to find the problem with Muffin. I'm at my wits end. Muffin has been scooting, crying, jumping and running around, snapping at her rear end, etc. It's as if she is being bitten by something every now and then. All the medical people including my wholistic vet and my neighborhood traditional vet and the wonderful ER which I have now visited with muffin 5 times, all say it is her anal glands. They have been expressed several times in the past few days, all with no relief. I even have her on an antibiotic with three doses so far and she is still scooting and barking and crying and trying to bite at her rear. This happens intermittently, and when it does it seems she is in such distress I immeditately take her down to the ER. Nothing seems to help. I just don't know what to do. If this antibiotic doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do except to have x-rays done. I'm in the process of getting her Perfect Form for fiber in her diet, per my wholistic vet, even though my traditional vet says there is no evidence that it helps with anal glands. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any ideas? I'm all out of ideas. I just don't know what to do anymore, and the medical community is not helping her. So I as usual turn to you guys, my trusty faithful pals, that know absolutely everything. Can anybody help us. We would be most grateful. I've even started thinking maybe it's emotional, even though it doesn't seem so. She does seem to get quiet when we pick her up and massage her rear. Please help! Anybody-we are desperate.

Shellie Muffin and Cassie
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!