View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
mzwenc
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks for the information. I spoke with the receptionist because apparently the vet was too busy. She told me that Rosie has a mild MVD and she is ok to spay tomorrow. They will use liquids to flush the anesthesia out so it doesnt affect her liver much. They highly recommend a biopsy. I asked if it was curable and they told me no. The biopsy will only verify that she does have a MVD. If we do the biopsy, the risks we are taking would be loss of blood, using a bigger tube, longer in anesthesia and other things she mentioned. Therefore I decided to not do the biopsy, I do not want Rosie to go through that. I figure that we will change her diet and monitor very closely. Do you think I am making the right decision? I want the best for her but if we are going to leave her open on the table for longer to confirm that it is a MVD and there is no cure I think we should just do changes on her lifestyle. Besides, the vet is charging me $320+ for her spaying and with the biopsy would be $600+. Is that how much it is supposed to be? I know that her health comes before money but I just don't want to get rip off. When we did her bile acid test they charged me for little things here and there.. even for her staying there while they examine her. I read a lot of posts regarding MVD and its scary but manageable. I hope everything goes well tomorrow
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!