View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #11
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I'm not surprised. I agree with cap'n. They're overpriced, slow and a bunch of rude idiots.

So is UPS though- case in point: we had some plumbing stuff shipped from a supplier directly to a job site. There are 3 boxes. We have had stuff delivered to this job site previously with no problems. Supplier calls me and says "call UPS, they have a problem finding the address-they say it doesn't exist." (mind you, it existed when they delivered boxes there before). I google the address, it pops up, with directions and I call UPS. I verify the address and give them turn by turn directions. They say okay, packages will go out tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and no packages. So I call UPS again. Again, they tell me that address doesn't exist. Again, I give them turn by turn instructions and explain that the address has existed since 1913, as this is a cemetery and synagogue that was built then and that we are building a new caretakers cottage at the back of the property blah blah blah. They promise packages will be delivered next day. Next day comes and my employee calls and says yeah they delivered but it's only the water heater. The sink and other stuff isn't here. So I call UPS for a third time. The conversation goes like this:
Me: yes, I was expecting some packages today and only received part of them
UPS CSR: what's the tracking number
Me: 1z bunch of numbers....
UPS CSR: we returned the packages to the sender because we couldn't locate the address.
Me: what do you mean you couldn't locate the address?
UPS CSR: our driver was unable to locate the address
Me: so, I have 3 boxes, all addressed to the same address and you deliver 1, but you returned the other 2 because you couldn't locate the address???
UPS CSR: yes ma'am.
Me: that makes no sense. They delivered a box to that address. How can they not locate an address they're at, delivering a box to, yet fail to locate it for the other 2 boxes???
UPS CSR: that's all the notes I have. Can I help you with anything else?
Me: no thank you, you've done enough.

Needless to say, we are now behind on that job... And won't be utilizing UPS's fine location and delivery skills.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!