View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #23
ndyorkiemom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Furever Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I've noticed the hypocrisy in this too! The breeder is supposedly so concerned about a "furever" home for the puppies they are selling, but they then sell adults when they are no longer useable for breeding...so much for a furever home .
I have only ever rehomed two of my Yorkies and then that was to a very dear friend where I get to see them whenever I want to and get up dated pictures and stories about them at least every other week if not more.
I can understand why some breeders rehome some of thier retired Yorkies though. Many of those that I know have multiple Yorkies and when an older Yorkie is retired many times they (the breeders) are just wanting the older dog to have a lap of thier own where they will get the attention they deserve without having to compete for attention. I wish you all the luck there is in finding your little girl. But, please understand that finding a little girl might be a hard thing to do since many show breeders will want to keep the females themselves. The right baby will come along you just need to keep looking.

Join today and remove this ad!