View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
mzwenc
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 Urgent! Help! Don't understand test results!

Hi everyone,

We were supposed to Spay Rosie on 1/26/12 but when they did the blood test, the vet said that her ALT was 111 which was high and should be concern about that. Therefore she insisted on getting a bile acid test done. So we did that and she said that it will take two days for the results to come back. She prescribed 2 pills and 1 antibiotic for her to take for a month to help lower the ALT. Then the vet emails me saying that she called me on 01/28/12 and it went to voicemail. (I never got a call from her and there was no voicemail) Apart from that, she wrote this in an email which I don't quite understand:

I tried to call you today but only got your answering machine. Rosie's bile acids test came in. Although her baseline is normal (it was 8, normal being below 10), however the post prandial (after eating) challenge part of the test was abnormal (the post result was 60, with normal less than 20).

What does it mean? Is she really sick? Is it genetics? Does anyone have any experience with this? I am so nervous. She is my first furbaby and i am so devastated that this is turning out the way it is.. thanks for your time
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!