View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Mine where spayed- Major abdominal surgery. They came home the same day also had retained puppy teeth removed. I used a premie baby ones on the to keep them from licking the incision site. I attempted to keep them quick by keeping them in a baby play pen. Cozy was fine the same day as her spay but a little sore- Ate and drank no problems- like nothing happened- I guess childbirth is worse. Roxy ate a little when she came home but just wanted to sleep- She escaped the play pen the day after surgery by jumping out. Zoey slept the entire first day she after the surgery except to go potty- I carried the princess outside and put her on the grass she did her business than picked her back up. She is the timidest if them all. She was back to her normal self within a week. They were not done by laser- Traditional method

I just had Buddy my rescued golden neutered- He did need pain meds. He is very sensitive.

My vet said even though spaying is more invasive for the females it seems to be the males who need pain meds most often.

OP are you getting your pup done by laser or traditional. I hear recovery from laser is much quicker and not as painful. Buddy was my first pet ever who needed post-op pain meds.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!