View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Dazzlingdoodles
Senior Yorkie Talker

With Sukie if we noticed she was having an accident in the same place more then twice we would put a puppy pad in that place. She is still training but we went from 10 pads in places to now only 3 so we are getting there! Is there anyway to put a pad under the couch or block off the living room with a gate? She is SO young right now and honestly yorkies are stubborn and hard to train.

The thing is if you see a mess but she didn't JUST do it within a few seconds clean it up and say NOTHING. The reason why is because she doesn't know what she is doing wrong. Also when you do see her use a pad go crazy reward her with a treat give her kisses make a HUGE deal out of it this will help her want to use the pad more. Another thing is because of her age she might pee out of excitment during playtime. Just say "NO" if you see her doing it and move her to her pad and give her a treat. Anytime she is sniffing the pad I would give her a treat. This is what we do with Sukie and she has been accident free for 3 weeks and is 4.5 months old. The reason she would have an accident within the last two months is if I was cleaning and removed the pads from her "spots" she had learned though that they are in certain spots.

For the clothing and bows. Sukie did the same thing! The trick is to teach them this is a GOOD thing. I would keep cherrios on hand and when I was trying to dress her and she would start to growl and bite I would say "No, Good girl" and give her a cherrio, within a few days she LOVED it because she knew she would get a few treats during this time. I use honesy nut cherrios BTW for potty training and the clothing thing. They are very low calorie and healthy and my vet reccomended them.

Also another thing is NEVER show that she is scarring you always be the pack leader. I am trying to work with my kids on this because when I am around she will not do anything to show she is the "boss"(which is what the agression is from) but with the kids they show fear and jerk their hands back when she tries to growl. I don't allow this and it's a working progress on both of their parts Good Luck and if there is anything else you need let me know. Roscoe was the HARDEST little guy I have ever potty trained and now he is so great I wonder how I did it so quick LOL!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!