View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEB81 View Post
I did consider adopting and I have been keeping an eye on petfider. My mom rescued a yorkie and because it came from a questionable background it was extremely aggressive and protective. If my mom was in her room the dog would attack us if we tried to go in. That's one of my concerns about adopting a dog with a questionable background. And I have been doing some research while on here. I have been looking at the dogs people have and seeing who's dogs have the kind of temperament and physical qualities I'm looking for. Then I will see what breeder they used.
What that sounds like was a behavior problem and with a trainer that could have been over come in my opinion. Some rescues can have behavior problems and might require a bit more work but they can turn out to be some of the best dogs. We had a lab mix rescue when I was 8 until about 13 and she was like my best friend she followed me every where and watched after me and comforted me at a hard time, she was perfect dog really. Then about two years ago my mom rescued a yorkie he seems to be ok with my parents dogs and my dog but not all other dogs and will snap at them (previously was with a dog who would not let him eat and beat up on him) but we are working on this issue and if we cant work with him and fix it on our own we plan on getting a trainer but he really is a great dog too. He used to not like being cuddled and loved on but slowly he is loving it and will sit on my moms lap for a long time now and let her love on him. Most rescue dogs that have issues is because they were treated poorly or were just not treated at all and a lot of times all it takes is a bit of training and love to fix the problems then you have a great dog that will forever love you and be loyal to you. If I decided to get another dog I will more then likely adopt from a shelter but all I can afford right now is my Callie Mae.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!