View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
twinsinpa
YorkieTalk Newbie!

first off - i am by no means an expert but i thought i would tell you what is working for us. Darby is almost 12wks now and having very few accidents. i decided not to use the pads and go straight for the outdoors. anyway - she also pees alot. we have gotten into the habit of waiting for her "2nd pee". she will pee twice in one outing outside. i thought it weird too. if we are rushed and don't wait for the "2nd pee" she will have an accident - its like she holds some of it. also - we take her out every hr when she not in crate. and for the last 15 min of that hr one of my kids is holding her cause we found that 15 min period to be the "witching hour" and anything could happen. soe we have 45 kmin when we know we are good and she can play freely. i also have my kids hold her immediately after eating for 20 minutes then take her out. this works because sometimes she would have to go poop right after eating and other times it would be 20 min later. so holding her keeps her with us but no danger of accidents.
hope this helps.
twinsinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!