View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
maximusAF
Yorkie Talker

Default Few questions about my pup...

Hi,
I initially posted this in the general forum and probably should have posted it here instead. Sorry!

You may recall my initial post last week about my new pup. She's 9 weeks old now and is doing great. I do have a few questions though.

As I mentioned last week, I'm using the Potty Training Puppy Apartment (Modern Puppies - Potty Training a Puppy) for her. She has done well with this as she has never used the potty in her "bedroom." Many times when we anticipate her needing to go potty, we'll put her in the apartment on her puppy pads and she will go potty. We praise her and give her treats, etc. One would think that she'd be ready to come back out and play for awhile without having to worry about her having an accident, but nope! It seems like she can pee every 10 minutes if she wanted to. My point is, I can never relax when she's out because I have the constant fear that she's going to squat and pee or poop. She's also started the habit of going under our couch and pooping. Yes, we've been using Nature's Miracle for every accident. I need a pep talk here.....is this mostly just due to her being so young and needing to go so often? There are also times when we'll put a baby gate on the door to our washroom. During this time, it seems that 75% of the time she will pee/poop on the tile near the gate, rather than go to her pad. When we see her have an accident, we of course tell her "No!". Is this normal behavior for a 9 week old puppy? I know I should be patient, as this is a long process, just making sure I'm doing the right things though.

Also, she can be a very loving pup. As all pups do, she likes to playfully chew, etc. However, there are times when it seems she just gets mad! She will growl and show her teeth as if she wants to bite us. There are certainly times that she will bark/growl while she is playing, but the example I'm referring to seems like aggression. She does not mind getting a bath, nor getting brushed. But, when you try to put a bow or a sweater on her, she gets very angry and tries to bite. Again, is this typical?

Thanks for your thoughts!
maximusAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!