View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
dinac
Yorkie Talker

Default Update on house training!!!!!

Okay, so I said I would post updates on how my yorkies are doing on house training. Like I mentioned on my other posts I was going out to buy a potty patch which is a piece of artificial grass. I have heard good and bad things about it, and one of the bad things is that it stinks a lot I have not encountered that at all because I use pee pads on the 3rd level of the potty patch so all the urine gets soaked up by the pee pad. When I first introduced it to both of them they went right to it to explore and what do I see my male lifting his leg and peeing in it I was very happy, and then my female followed. I did notice my male lift his leg twice when I was in the room with him on the corner of my ottoman which I corrected by saying no bad boy...no in a strict voice which he stopped right away and I have not seen any pee in the livingroom anywhere. They tend to stay in the living room with both entrances closed by 2 baby gates so that they do not go anywhere else in the house. So I have seen them use the potty patch a few times and I praise them and treat them right away, but something funny happened, they kinda stopped using the potty patch and actually stopped peeing or pooping in the living room. What I did notice was my girl she went to one of the gates that face the room where there crate is and she got up on her hind legs and was acting very weird so I decided to take out the gate just to see what would happen and what happened was that she went to the back room where the crate is went into the crate and she went pee. Now they normally at night stay in this crate as they use to sleep in my bedroom on there bed but every morning I would see pee and poop all over the place, so I decided to place them in a crate. How I set up the crate was in one side was were they slept and on the other side of the crate it had pee pads down and every morning I would take them out of the crate there would be pee and poop, so now I decided to take out the gates and just monitor them to see what happens and so far they go to the back room to go pee and poop, I leave the crate door open. I have not found anything anywhere which is really good. I even noticed my boy go in there to go poop but when I noticed him crouch down I started to praise him he got sooo excited that he came out of the crate half way on doing poop so the poop fell on the floor. But his intentions was to go in the crate to do his business. I guess because they are so use to going in there crate that they incorporate the crate as there potty area as thats where they go all the time during the night when they are locked up in the crate at night and when they go I guess they notice that I do not get upset with them. I have my hopes up right now and I hope it does not change. I am hoping that I can eventually take them out of the crate and allow them to sleep in my room again on there doggy bed and for them to have the roam of the house and hopefully they will get up and run to the back and go in the crate. Will let you know how things go....Thanks for all your great advice. Fingers crossed... Sorry for the big post. Will update again to let everyone know if they are fully house trained or not....
Attached Thumbnails
House training Nightmare!!!!-img_0506.jpg   House training Nightmare!!!!-angel6.jpg   House training Nightmare!!!!-dsc05440.jpg   House training Nightmare!!!!-angel5.jpg  
dinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!