Thread: horrific day!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
JolieJean
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default horrific day!

As i felt like this year couldnt have started off worse.. i had hopes that today was going a little better.. untill i was driving home from work today and all of a sudden i heard a woman yell and then i felt a thud... i thought for a moment i ran over a box untill i looked in my rear view mirror and saw it.... a orange cat flopping around in the road... i swerved into a parking lot and ran to the cat where the traffic had stopped and people were standing around... i immediately burst into tears... i called my local police station which was walking distance from where it happened and then two men got out of a pick up truck and took a piece of wood (like a 4 by 4) and used it as a stretcher to move the cat to the sidewalk. ... he was very much alive and a man (who had gloves on) held the cat down because it was fighting to get away.... it felt like the cops were taking FOREVER to get there...not only that but there was this woman standing there screaming and crying at me "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS??" as if i intentionally did this??? as if i wasnt crying just as hard as her?? this poor cats nose was gushing in blood... you have no idea the guilt i felt and am still feeling... i ran to my car where oddly enough i had a huge plastic bin fill of blankets i was planning on taking to the animal shelter.. and dumped it out and threw the thickest blanket i had in there and brought it to put the cat in... the police finally got there and they put the bucket in their cruiser to rush the cat to the animal shelter... it took me a few minutes to group myself together before going down there.. but no one answered the door... i figured there was probably only one person in there and they were probably working on the cat in the back... i pray to God this cat survived... i am a complete mess over this... im sorry this is sooo long.. but i needed to vent... im sure this has happened to many people before... but i feel so guilty!!! i am responsible for an animal suffering.. and i wish i could take a forget pill so i could stop thinking about it i feel horrible
JolieJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!