View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Calling all Yorkie Pros - Advice Please!

Hello All, my name is Lynn and I am a perpetual lurker! I apologize in advance for not coming forward sooner...

One thing I am certain of is that many of you here are well versed and I often come here for info before anywhere else and most times the info I get here is spot on..

As You all know, it is difficult to see through the tears when something bad has happened to our own babies..So I have come here for advice because I can't wrap my head around it at all...

Brief Background: My Ms. Mini will be 7yrs young in June. She was, dare I say purchased- from a large pet store...yes I know, but hindsight is 20-/20 and I could write the book with what I know now. Ms. Mini, like many Yorkies has the sweetest disposition in the world. Unbeknownst to her she has been ill most of her life.. She is not suffering and I would never allow any of my furbabies to suffer - but this poor lil one is so happy and despite all her many problems. Also, there is no amount of money that could keep us from caring for her seemingly endless ailments which include/included - Major eye surgery within first 12 wks of life (forgot what it was called) legg parthes - and another major surgery to correct it, all of the puppy illnesses possible toxi??? (diahrrhea, hospitalization etc) worms, kennel cough, unexplained flu like episodes requiring hospitalizations, allergies that you can not comprehend. Ms. Mini has not gone three months without an illness requiring veterinary intervention.

OK on to the problem:
This past Thursday I purchased a Biewer Yorkie from a very nice family who love their 2 Biewers to pieces, they are wealthy and were not breeding them for the $$, the owner *Mr Smith* literally choked up when we were leaving. I did all the right things I asked to see parents and papers and write ups from the vet for puppy "Ms. Mia", I went to the home and (it was a sprawling beautiful home- picture mansion) not one single thing was bad - and it was NOT a too good to be true situation..just down to earth good people.

(Sorry for so many details and your patience)

Today, less than 48 hrs later I decided to have my "Ms. Mia" (who seemed perfectly healthy and well trained to boot, for a 10 wk. old puppy) - seen by my vet to go over the paperwork and just to be sure all was well - given I've such bad luck in the past, it seemed the right thing to do right?

After much oohing and ahhhing by the staff my wonderful vet began the exam - and ultimately found that the this poor baby had a very prominent arrythmia and heart murmur. On a scale of 1 to 6 - it was a 4.

Upon the vets advice, I left Ms. Mia there and she will have all the tests that I CAN'T AFFORD, but none the less am doing- to be 100% sure of what were dealing with.

Upfront, please let me say I am 100% sure I was not "scammed" I am absolutely sure that these down to earth crying at the door former owners were absolutely convinced (by their non-reputable vet) that they were waving good bye to a healthy puppy! Also, the second puppy (the runt) has the same exact condition with a 5 on the same 1-6 scale. Yes on Monday, after the testing I will notify them etc..

What I am looking for, through tears, is any and all wisdom you wonderful people have regarding anything like this/these conditions... I am looking for honest and open - blunt advice. You have all helped me unknowingly, many times in the past...thank you...please help now! I will respond and remain a Yorkietalk NON-lurker from now on! Thank you one and all!
lynzy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!