View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
RoxyMomma
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 Hi Everyone! Newbie Here.. (:

Hello everyone!

I've been reading a lot of the threads and answers here and everyone seems so nice and helpful already. I can't wait to get to know all of you for myself!

So, I've decided over some time that I wanted to get a Yorkie. I have been looking and looking to find the right one for me, and I've finally found her. She's not here yet, as I go to pick her up next Thursday, which would be January 19th. She's super cute and full of personality. Her name is Roxy! (:

Anyways, I was just wondering if there were any important tips or top priority things I need to have ready for her before she gets here?

I've been reading up on the collapsing trachea, hypoglycemia, and reverse sneezing so I'll be prepared in case any of these things do happen. And I've decided that I'm definitely going to crate train! So let me know if you all think that's a good choice...

I've already been making her bows and I do have one of the plastic pet carrier crates as I've heard they can get their paws caught in the wire ones. I've even heard of some fracturing their little paws doing this! I can't imagine what I'd feel knowing I was responsible for my little one doing this. I also have her collar and I.D. tag already.

You can tell, she's gonna' be spoiled as any puppy should be. (:

I'm also only 17, but will be 18 in May! I'm gonna' need someone to stay with me when I leave home, so I'm sure Roxy will be perfect. Don't underestimate me though! I'm very responsible and hopefully with your guys' help, will be VERY prepared for my baby girl!

So, let me know what you guys think! And any info or care tips are GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you all so much!

Kaelyn & Roxy (soon!)
RoxyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!