View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
ZiggyMom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default results

Hello again! I wanted to update on ziggy. She is still not herself...however she is getting some pep back. She isn't as lethargic as before and will even go outside for short walks. I am hoping the antibiotics that they gave her are working. They told me her blood work came back mostly normal but that ziggy has a slightly low potassium level. They didnt think it was anything to be too concerned about since all her other tests were normal. She also has some white blood cells in her urine (though no bacteria were found) so it could be a UTI. I noticed ziggy is still sitting and resting more than normal. she is still turning around abruptly and sits during activities such as eating or drinking which is not normal for her. So I think she is still bothered by something. Anyway, I am going to try to call the vet back tomorrow to discuss where to go next (the results were given via voicemail and Dr has left for the day when I called back). I hope the antibiotics did the trick but I do worry about the lower potassium level. I know that can affect her kidneys and muscles. Anyone have any experience with low potassium levels in their pet?
Thanks again for all the prayers and good vibes for ziggy. xoxo
ZiggyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!