View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #11
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme's Mommy
We just added Mischa to our family. Her first day with us was Thursday (1/12). She is 12 weeks old and weighs 1.11lbs. Esme our first baby, is now 1 year old and weighs 9.5lbs. So far, Esme has barked, growled, snapped at and attempted to bite Mischa. I don't *think* she's trying to really hurt Mischa, maybe just trying to scare her and show her who's boss??? I am scared that she is going to hurt her by accident though. Of course I am supervising them when they are together, but I wanted to know how the adjustment process went with those of you that have more than one??? I know I have to be patient but I wanted these two to be instant companions and partners in crime (like Villettes girls!) .
this is sooooo cool that you have a new baby....Thanks for the nice words but it did take a good month (or longer) for Chanel to really accept Cheri.....She pouted ALOT

The way I handled any strife or spats was to hold one on either side and alternate kissing and talking to them at least a few times a day...

When Chanel let Cheri close to her - I praised her lots and eventually she started laying closer and closer to Cheri cause she knew mom would be kissing on her....it was a slow process. Chanel was used to having me all to herself.

They are alot like kids when it comes to jealousy and I tried with what I knew may work with MY girls.... & noiw they are BEST Buddies....

All yorkies are different.....You may want to try little things to bring them in closer contact and see what works with Esme...whether it's toys or just talking to her....but just be patient....Oh... the other thing I did was never pick up Cheri without immediately picking up Chanel too....Sometimes I walked around carrying both of them.... and it really seemed to help ease the adjustment
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!