View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
dinac
Yorkie Talker

Default House training Nightmare!!!!

I am finding it very hard to train my yorkies. My male especially will not go on his pee pad but will go anywhere in the house. I have the pee pad down and he will not go on it. When I catch him in the act I say no and pick him up right away and place him down on the pee pad and tell him to go potty he just looks at me and will not go I can wait for hours and he will not go. if I can not keep an eye on him I place him in his crate. I do not know what else to do tried the outside method and even worse does not go at all. I prefer the inside method as its easier especially when its winter and raining its so much easier as they are kept dry and no mess is brought into the home, but for the life of me I can not train them to go... they are sooo stubborn. My female goes pee on the pee pad sometimes but no poop on the pee pad. They are so hard to train. They do not know the difference between which area they can eliminate in. Poop they both do not do it at all on the pee pad. If anyone has any ideas please let me know so I can try it. I am very consistent and praise them if they do go on the pee pad which is very rare but they are still not house trained. I have them barricaded in the living room with 2 baby gates in each entrance so they do not have a lot of area to go and If I can not keep an eye on them I place them in there crates. I do not know what else I can do. They are both older dogs one is 10 months my female Angel the other just turned 1, my male Charlie so they should be already fully house trained but I have tried everything I can think of and they do not get it at all. I did buy them from the breeders already at an older age one was 9 months my male Charlie and the other was 7 months old my female Angel when I got them. Any help is appreciated I just want to have them fully house trained. Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
House training Nightmare!!!!-angel3.jpg   House training Nightmare!!!!-charlie.jpg  
dinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!