View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Have you heard of an xpen? Lot of us have found it helpful. It’s more like a play pen and they can’t chew the walls. Being in a small kennel all day long is not a good life for a dog. It's helpful when training, but you should let them out hourly and play with them and then back in the kennel. She's learned to pee in the kennel and that's not a good thing either. You may need to clean the kennel with an enzyme cleaner to remove all traces of urine smell. Also, it might be helpful to have some type of interactive toy that she’s not so bored all day. They have toys that you feel with kibble and the dog can roll the toy around and get pieces of food. I put a bed and food and water in Joey’s x pen and he had plenty of toys and things to chew on for teething. Of course he also had a pee pad in there. At night I put him in a kennel and let him out a couple time and placed him on a pee pad, and he got the idea pretty fast. The first 6 months they are teething so they need chewing toys. The hard nonedible ones are best if you won’t be home to supervise. Yorkies need a lot of human time, is there any way you can come home at lunch? I'm kind of dissapointed that your breeder didn't help you more with these important issues.

Join today and remove this ad!