Thread: Breeding
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #33
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Ford View Post
Now Lou............
LOL Good greif, we have done this so many times. I stomp around saying please spay and neuter,I even step on some toes, when I have to, I write pages of advice, we google and share facts. But this still happens, people breed dogs without a clue of what could happen. I did the little quote this time to remind myself, to just shut up and let some one else explain. My patients was not very strong today. And the good Lord knows I need kindness and patients, to say it again and again, and again. Guess I was just tired today.
I know sweetie. I read it and just thought, "Here we go again." And just as sure as shooting - another newbie weighs in to tell us how mean we are. I think we need to appoint one or two people to contact these newbies so the rest of us don't end up frustrated and resentful. My anger is also on the breeder from which this little girl was purchased. Has he/she never heard of a contract stipulating a pet only?

Dear Newbies,
Most of us are so dedicated to our dear little furbutts that we would literally kill anyone that deliberately hurt them. I sincerely mean that - it might be in a fit of rage and grief but it would happen. Please see that we have compassion for your dog - not you. We will at first nudge you to make the right decision but if you refuse to listen then all bets are off. We will tell you what we think. If you want a puppy for Pete's sake go buy one from a good breeder. You don't have to make your own!

Dear Newbie Defender,
I understand your concern but when you have been on here as long as us you will also get tired of trying to talk new owners out of breeding. You can't imagine the expense and heartbreak this owner is in for. I only hope that little one can get through it OK. I guess it could happen but the odds are against it with a novice in charge.

L

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!