View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
Dinokaya
Yorkie Talker

Thanks for your reply mchele. You have kids and they never open the door to your home unless the dog is harnessed and leashed??? Wow!

I was actually looking for some training tips for working with Lilly, not someone telling me to train my kids.

I live in a community where the neighborhood kids are in and out of each others homes as if they are their own, and while everyone loves Lilly and 'knows' that they are supposed to be careful about the gate and the door they are none the less kids and don't always remember. I wish that she would wait by the door and not move until I leash her and tell her okay, but she doesn't and as such I am in need of training assistance.

I am not for zapping the dog by any means but it was presented to me by caring, loving people who have used an invisible fence in their yard with success and thought maybe it would work to save her life. I can't even stand when they pull the hair out of her ears at the groomer...I am not the torturing type. This is why I was looking to hear the opinions of others...

Anybody have any constructive tips or opinions??

Thanks so much

Anyone out there got any constructive tips?
Dinokaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!