View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #19
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanlife View Post
Thank you very much for providing more insight on that subject. I guess I could never be a show breeder. I would get too attached to the dogs, and I would have great difficulty letting them go

Again, to me the same kind of hypocrisy. The breeder expects you to have such a strong connection to the dog that you could never rehome, but they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
You and me both.

I wanted a beautiful girl who was being retired-but at that time I wasn't sure I could accommodate a dog that would not only be fed a RAW only diet but foremost would not be allowed any vaccines-the only change the breeder would allow was the female being altered.

Later I got a rescue and was more open-that breeder will only allow her retirees to be the only dog in the home as she insists they are absolutely pampered in retirement.
This confirms for me that when looking for another pup this is a route I should avoid. I would never feel like the pup was MINE if I had to conform to how someone else would raise it. I'd equate it with adopting a child yet having to raise it exactly according to the biological parents instructions. I'd always feel like I was raising someone else's kid. I want my pup to be MINE. That's (in part) where the connection comes that's gonna keep my pup with me for LIFE.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!