View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
lily's mom
Lily Loves Maximus
Donating Member

Default Sad day for Lily and Me

What a bad day!!!!! We have had Jello for 7 years and had to say good bye to her today. I am about sick to my stomach about it as I had to make the call. She had been acting different than usual for a week and then I noticed she wasn't eating and couldn't make it to the litter box. Very odd behavior in itself. I took her to the vet I had been using for the last 8 or 9 months and he passed it all off as a hair ball. I knew that wasn't right so I took her to another vet. Within the next 12 hours she was drastically sick. They decided she had pancreatic problems that were most severe. They told me she would more than likely not survive this and if she did would be on several meds the rest of her life. Additionally, this could be reoccuring and would probably lead to diabetes also. The ball was in my court and I chose to not have her suffer any longer. Since that decision, I am sick. I don't like playing God and being able to take a life like I did. I am not so sure I made the correct decision even. I hope to NEVER have to make another decision about putting a pet to sleep again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jello2.jpg (13.2 KB, 75 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!