View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

I'm sorry that really sucks.

Did you use some peroxide and then make sure to use like some Neopsporin or another triple antibiotic ointment even after it scabs over to keep infection out (when she uses her hind nails to scratch she can reopen the scab and infection can get in).

Keeping it clean works too but I prefer a good coating of the ointment just to ensure it stays covered and protected.

I got those (OMY how embarrassing to admit) the men's nose hair trimmers the largest ones I could find, zip zoom up the back of the ears...I will never trust myself with scissors.

I nicked princess with the little mini clipper designed to do side burns when she was a pup, she has never forgotten it either every time I get near her ears she hold very tense and leans back away from me, until last summer they only went to the groomers for ear trims etc.

Again it's a scratch as long as it's tiny (doesn't need stitches, started to heal, you keep it clean and uninfected there's no reason to see a vet over it.

Scoobers scratched his ear running past the rose bush here and it looked much worse than that.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!