View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #6
JacksonNJagger
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes.

In regards to their tails being docked, yes they are both docked. However, Jackson's is still a lot longer than Jagger or our previous Yorkie Falcon's was.
Our bird has been throwing food at them so they seem to enjoy that, however we are trying to persuade them to leave the bird alone. They are getting better with not bothering him for a few hours, but then they are right back at it.

Luckily, we have a multistory cage, on wheels so there is no way for them to actually reach the bird, it's pretty tall and heavy. However, they have been jumping up and getting about 1/4 the way, but to no avail. Tucker is not clipped, so if he ever got out, he'd be able to fly. He has such a big cage because we didn't let him out, as our previous Yorkie would try to get at him, that was the only time they bothered each other.

With the bonded pair, I was told two males couldn't get along. But, they've been together all this time and with being neutered now, they are calmer. They do have separation anxiety from each other, so they bother have to always be together and are starting to develop it with me. I wish they would develop a stronger bond with my mom, so I've told her to start feeding and playing with them. They are beginning to get more comfortable but still are skittish with men, so hopefully in time they get better with that. They were left alone a lot, so they have to get used to being with people all of the time.

Thanks for the advice,

Mel, Jackson & Jagger
JacksonNJagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!