View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

Hello and welcome to YT.
Yorkies & other Animals ? You can desensitize the dogs to the bird. But honestly I would never trust, them around the bird. It is different if they are taught as pups that cats, birds, rabbits and yes even the pet rat can become part of their pack even if it is a different species. Yorkies for the most part will still chase animals that are not part of their family unit. A strange cat, bird, rabbit and any kind of rodents is fair game to be chased, dug up, caught and shaken. They will sometimes kill them too. Older dogs already have a very deep prey drive that is hard to change. Their are exercises you can do to keep them from barking and jumping at the bird. But again I think this only works when you are there. Leave them alone and you likely will find the cage and feathers on the floor when you get home. Especially if the bird is clipped and can not fly.
Behavior and training are my thing, so I really don't like giving advice about medical things. I have never had a problem with a reaction to flea drops. I am sure someone else will have a better understanding of what may have happened , why and what to do.
Bonded pair ? Yes, I have worked with a bonded pair. But don't really see what your question is, about this. I will check back tomorrow and if you have a question I can help with, I will answer.
Thank you for giving these little guys a happy home, may you both be blessed with many happy days.

Last edited by Teresa Ford; 11-25-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Teresa Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!