View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
No pooping is normal. It could take several days. As long as she isn't straining to go, she will go when she has to. It's just the whole experience of surgery plus the day or fasting that threw her off.

The peeing, well, that is odd. How many times a day does she normally pee and how much water is she drinking compared to normal? If she is drinking much less water, then that would make sense. But then again, she does need to be drinking. What pain med is she on (asking because some can really throw them for a loop and they may be too out of it to eat/drink). Is she still in a lot of pain?
I don't think she is in a lot of pain shes not shaking, no panting and when she cries it normally is when she doesn't want to be in her pen and would rather be held. She has a pain patch on and she is taking tramadol twice a day and Previcox once a day. She not drinking as much as normal. I offer her water every time I am up doing something or if I see her licking her lips but before surgery she was would drink from a drinkwell water fountain and there is no way she is drinking as much as she was before surgery.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!