View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
Evenflo09
Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm almost in the same exact predicament with Mojo. He is a rescue that I've had only about 3 weeks. He was living in a crate almost 24/7 and it was covered in feces and urine! I picked up the sheet that was thrown in there with him and it was soaked with it! His food dish was even covered in feces!!! He's been checked at the vets, but they found no problems for the wet dog smell he has. The only thing I can contribute it too was his diet and crate conditions, poor fella! His coat is in terrible condition. It is silky on his head, but his body is thicker and though not sure, thinking it's cotton or woolly. I'll b watching this thread for more ideas, though I like the lambs cut myself but with a few moderations. Mojo's tail wasn't docked either and the hair on his legs is getting long right along with his head hair, but it looks terrible. I think I might lamb cut him all over and maybe see if he has enough hair to make bangs. I hope this might get some of the bad, broken and smelly hair gone! I am so happy the hair on his head seems to be growing so fast and the tan is getting the color of gold the nearer the roots u get. Right in the tip top of his head it is getting a lovely silver color and in only 3 weeks has grown to fall in his eyes even though I try 2 part it down the middle. One shake of his head has him looking pretty frazzled again,lol. I haven't purchased a great shampoo and conditioner yet, but have been using a soothing lavendar combo. I'm going to be buying him a nice shampoo and conditioner tonight and his first grooming is next Tuesday as we had to wait so long after his neuter. I'll be so happy to show him off in pics then. Bless his heart, he is already housebroken in this short time, proving that any little doggie likes to be clean if given the chance. He is a sweetheart with a lively attitude and though I can't do much for him, I can love him and keep him as healthy and happy as possible. Can't wait to see more ideas here.
Evenflo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!