View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #14
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyGrahams View Post
I did ask her about the AKC information before I gave her a deposit. She said she will get it printed out for me when I pick him up, so when I asked her why the papers were not AKC she said it was cheaper to register her litter with APRI. However, when I asked her to supply the parents paperwork (in person yesterday) she said she didn't have it printed out. I assume she doesn't have any. She seemed like a really good breeder but I guess she learned how to tell people what they want to hear. I will report her to the AKC as well as APRI if the pup is indeed a mix as well as for lying to me. Ugh people are so disappointing.

As for Teddy, well that first night is a doozy isn't it? I have not slept yet, he cried in his crate for 3 hours straight, I live in a townhouse and have two neighbors, I heard someone scream through the wall "shut uppp!!" so I knew I had to get Teddy to stop. Of course he easily passes out on the couch. Does anyone have any suggestions? I had a water bottle in his bed, a clock on the side, soft music, he was in my room just in a crate. I understand that he's just scared so I guess i'll catch some Z's with him on the couch.
Welcome to YT There is a reason why your puppy is not registered AKC and it probably has something to do with the parents registry or lack of. If she didn't give you AKC papers for your puppy I don't think there is anything to report. As for APRI anyone can register any dog even mixed breeds through this registry and it really means nothing at all so once again nothing to report. He's very cute but I couldn't begin to guess is he's pure bred.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!