View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #63
Kaos
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn0405
Then again, you're comparing human comprehension to a dog. Dogs do not understand like a human that they're getting spanked because they did something they shouldn't have. There is not that mental connection!!

Once again, your methods of hitting aren't working for this pet! So why to you insist on trying to stick with them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Sparta View Post
im real, ive never been here before and and i really do own a yorkie-poo named Sparta.

geesh you guys have an extremely low tolerance level for people that have different views than your own.

If your "real" then I feel extremely bad for your little yorkie, and the future she has ahead of her. You were provided GREAT advice by yorkietalkjilly and instead of implementing change you still think your ways are correct.

Let me give you a bit of advice though. Hitting a dog does not establish pack leadership. It only establishes FEAR. Being the alpha (I'm guessing you already know that male AND female dogs can be alpha so I won't address that) involves being the pack leader in EVERY thing you do!

-the way the dog is fed
-the way the dog is played with
-who crosses doorways first
-where the dog is when YOU eat
-being invited up vs. jumping in your lap
-where the dog sleeps
-where the dog is when you are walking

Secondly dogs don't roll up magazines and hit each other. The correction you are trying to copy as pack leader, is not the same thing! The alpha provides a swift, sharp correction to the pack. The alpha is not "spanking" the dog, it is REDIRECTING its pack. Which can just as easily be done with a water bottle.

I can go on and on... I knew NOTHING about training yorkies when I got Kaos, but I am VERY versed in pack leadership. My rottweiler was 100% different than my yorkie. I learned that yorkies need A LOT of nurturing, (more so than any other breed I've owned) but will in return do ANY thing for you. You need to change your ways now, before you traumatize this dog for the rest of her life.

Oh and your wrong I only have an extremely low tolerance for ignorance, I am open to others views.

Last edited by Kaos; 11-15-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!