View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
Muffie's Mom
And now Missy's Mom, too!
Donating Member

At PetsMart, we bought this little furry black sleep pad that has rolled sides to it. You normally put in their cage or crate. We have one for Muffy but hers is like the lambs wool and her hair is cut in a modified Schnauzer cut so she gets colder and that one works fine for her.

But little Missy has all this thick hair and she gets hot. She's forever just lying on the tile floor in the kitchen to get cool.

Anyway, the furry black sleep pad is a much cooler type fabric. We bought one for Missy's crate in the bedroom and then went back to get another one (before they run out) for the crate in the kitchen for when she's ready for it there.

But, in the meantime, last night and this morning, I put the extra pad on the floor beside the chair I was sitting in at the computer. I had Missy's collar and leash on her and she immediately laid down on the pad and went right to sleep. I just laid the leash over my 1 leg and under the other leg so if she moved, I would feel her. She was fine and didn't move at all until Muffie came trallopsing through the den!*! lol

The tag on the bottom reads: "deluxe plastic carrier pet bed"

I've heard that if they have a "pad, den or whatever" close by that they won't "mess" close to it. Same as not doing it close to you. I thougt "Gee if it's that easy, I'll just keep her tethered to me" and see how that works.

Wish me luck! Any more ideas anyone???
Muffie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!