View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Yes those are it. There is on type that has pork sausage in it, and then the ones Ann are talking about with shrimp. The halve the shrimp in lengthwise, not bc they are cheap, (sometimes that IS the reason however LOL) but so the shrimp is not so bulky. It is wrapped in thin rice paper, not the yellow egg wonton wrapper as the fried ones. They also put in lettuce, green onion, "bun" which is thin rice noodles, and some places roll up a piece of the egg wrapper, fry it and put that inside as well.

Then you dip it in nuoc mom (not sure if I spelled that right), it's a fish sauce blend with minced garlic, pickled carrot and daikon. Or, a peanut based thicker sauce with sriracha mixed in.

ETA: Oh yeah, have plenty of fresh mint, basil, and cilantro on hand. I just say no to cilantro.

Thanks for sharing! It would be very hard for me to give up my fried ones! We have used chicken, pork, and even hamburger meat in ours. They are so yummy! I bet the shrimp would be good in the fried too. Just haven't ever tried it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!