View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGirl Rosie View Post
The fried ones are very similar. I think the best way to describe them is that the "shell" is not as thick. I have never heard of the ones that are not fried. But I did google them out of curiosity. Here is what I found. Don't know if this is the right rolls or not! G?i Cu?n - Spring Roll | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Yes those are it. There is on type that has pork sausage in it, and then the ones Ann are talking about with shrimp. The halve the shrimp in lengthwise, not bc they are cheap, (sometimes that IS the reason however LOL) but so the shrimp is not so bulky. It is wrapped in thin rice paper, not the yellow egg wonton wrapper as the fried ones. They also put in lettuce, green onion, "bun" which is thin rice noodles, and some places roll up a piece of the egg wrapper, fry it and put that inside as well.

Then you dip it in nuoc mom (not sure if I spelled that right), it's a fish sauce blend with minced garlic, pickled carrot and daikon. Or, a peanut based thicker sauce with sriracha mixed in.

ETA: Oh yeah, have plenty of fresh mint, basil, and cilantro on hand. I just say no to cilantro.

Last edited by capt_noonie; 11-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.
capt_noonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!