View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I notice a Yorkie doesn't seem to start to bark until they take ownership of that property and some do it quicker than others. My Scotty was the youngest of my Yorkies when I got him, I think he was about 12 - 14 weeks, and I had had him a month or longer I think before he barked. Tibbe was 9 mos. old and almost feral so he had a lot of issues to overcome. He barked at everything at first and then stopped barking after a week or so. He didn't bark again until he'd been here about 2 or more months - then he barked at everything all the time again. Had to train him to stop barking then! Ha! Now he barks only appropriately when he hears a noise he doesn't know, when he hears a noise where it should not be or when something/somebody is on his property, etc. He will bark until I thank him or he deems it appropriate to stop. Jilly was 4 1/2 mos. old when I got her and she didn't really bark until she had been here about 2 or more months.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!