View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Evenflo09
Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm new to yorkies, but my doxie has such skin problems! I bathe her in a shampoo with lavendar in it. seems to soothe her, but after I rinse, rinse, rinse her, I apply baking soda to her coat and to the main areas on her back legs that like to get yeast going. I grab a handleful and apply to the areas, gently rub around with it, let it stay on as long as possible and then rinse off! This seems to help her so much and it also makes the coat so soft. In addition, I apply once daily listerine mouth wash to the areas. The plain kind. I only do this if there are no open places from where she gnaws at them otherwise it would burn the baby. Listerine can be used for so many things including dandruff in human hair. I do this everyday for about a week and her legs clear right up!!! at least until the next time she gets into whatever it is she gets into to start it up again. It dries it up so to speak. Now I'm not telling you to do this, but just saying I have used this many times and it works for me. Anything that might dry it up somewhat. I also use apple cider vinegar diluted as an ear cleanser too. Just make sure it is the all natural kind. Apply to a soft tissue, wipe and gently clean around the inside of the ear. Never go too far in the ear canal though.This might work for those nasty patches as well. Just google it and there are recipes you can find. ACV is also great for the insides too. You can add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon to the water dish and it helps keep them and us healthier.Also, PLAIN yogurt is wonderful to help clear things from the inside out. I add 1 teaspoon in my babies food everyday. Google ACV and see all the wonderful things it can do! Hope your baby gets better soon.
Evenflo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!