Thread: Why is this?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
Lucyana1129
Senior Yorkie Talker

Of course we go overseas. Its our job. We don't leave our kids when we go and the majority I know don't leave their pets either. The ones who do would have found a way to not have them sooner or later military or not. To place an entire group of ppl in one category based on what a a few (a few considering how many military men and women there are) irresponsible ppl do isn't fair. Going overseas is not a reason to not allow someone to adopt. And it isn't not ideal for the pet to go. Military families get housing immediatly upon arriving if done properly, all our stuff is moved for free so we have money to move our family, including pets. All this is only IF you go overseas. Most time you choose your orders. That being said, I agree partly with everyone on this topic. Everyone has valid points. And from a rescues point of veiw I understand why they would be picky. I understand with children and I understand with looking at someones past pets to see if they deserve to rescue. I do believe that if someone can't adopt they will try to find other ways. Like byb and puppymills. If they are uninformed. I will stand my ground on military bc it isn't being in the military that makes a bad pet owner. Its being a bad pet owner and being irresponsible that makes a bad pet owner. And not all rescues turn military down. But not all military owners abandon their pets. One or two that do makes everyone look bad.
Lucyana1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!