Thread: Why is this?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #13
jeanm1963
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I don't think all rescue's deny all military applicants, but they certainly need to take into consideration that in some case's there is a chance the family may end up overseas, and this would NOT be the best situation for any animal. My sister in law lived on a military base and I can not tell you how often I saw pets being rehomed or even dropped at a local shelter, this is not to say EVERYONE did it but when moving or husbands deploying often times they had no choice. When placing a puppy/dog etc, they are trying to find the BEST forever homes for animals that have already been displace often times having multiple prior homes , so this would not be the ideal situation for any pet.
When people get denied there are usually circumstances they fail to share with others, Young couple, no children ,not married in an apartment would certainly not be an ideal home , because statistic show that people break up, move , cant take care of an animal and baby and both are working full time. NOT IDEAL when you have another applicant who is home more then not, has a fenced in back yard, married and older children or children already moved out! Often times people have bad vet checks, ( missing appointments, no shots, no rabies etc... again not ideal. I think we have to remember that the animals in rescues need a secure home and they need to take all circumstances into consideration. Just My opinion!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!