View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
My Azrael has the thickest coat I've ever seen and of course it's also the worst cotton coat ever. I have spent enough money on shampoo's and conditioners that I could buy a new car. NOTHING works perfectly!!! The only thing that worked for my Azrael was to cut her short, and use two different conditioners at the same time and not rinse completely out then spray her legs with a conditioner I mix up. I also have to use a slicker brush on her legs because they are not shaved down like her body, but they are cut short. I think I know now why no one wants to show the Yorkies with this type of coat.
Same with me. I've come to the conclusion that you can't beat genetics! Some shampoos might give you a super soft coat you can happily bury your face in, but nothing will help change it to something that will grow out nicely. I think Kaji's coat can give your Azrael's coat a run for his money. Kaji's body coat can't grow longer than 3/4 of an inch without it matting like crazy! All you have to do is look at it and it'll matt up. Growing his hair out was a pain in the rear for me, and it was physically painful for him when I brushed him out every night. I gave up. Short cuts for us! If he's cold, we have sweaters.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!