Thread: Why is this?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
I was initially turned down by multiple rescues for having children in my home.

Oh well, I'd rather be turned down myself multiple times than see rescues get relaxed and dogs be put in jeopardy...I still look at the pic of one of the dogs I had been following her story, etc.

Rescues see a lot of things. People turning over their dogs for all kinds of reasons. If a particular rescue says "no kids", "no one living in a rental home", "no active duty military", then it's for a reason. We may not agree with it, but then we aren't the ones who deal with abandoned dogs on a regular basis.

My best guess as to why a rescue or shelter would say no to military is due to the transient life style of most miltary families. What may be a stable living situation today with a home that allows dogs could very well be a different situation this time next year. My cousin has been moved cross county 3 times in 3 years due to her husband's duties. While we all want to believe that we are the exception to the rule, I can fully understand why a rescue/shelter might say "no thanks, we've heard that one before and it didn't work out so well..."
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!