Thread: Why is this?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Lucyana1129
Senior Yorkie Talker

When it comes to a rescue group I am more understanding. Especially the no kill ones. What I am mostly talking about is high kill shelters that make it incredibly difficult to adopt. However even with rescue groups I disagree fully with giving military families a hard time. I do understand their position in some instances but not that one. I'm not sure what having young children has to do with being allowed to adopt. I agree that yes, not all military families think the way some of us do. They will give their pets up simply bc its easier to move and travel w/o them. But I don't think that label should be put on all of us. Most of us with deployed spouses really rely on our pets for comfort and to get through tough days. I love my Bentley. Before him I did try to adopt and was turned down by high kill shelters bc we are military and don't own our own home. I'm assuming this isn't the case everywhere but the fact that its like that anywhere upsets me. I guess in my case it was meant to be bc now we have Bentley. I greatly respect those in rescue and their opinions. Just bc I respect them doesn't mean I agree with everything they say and do. When it comes to military things I tend to lean more towards it than anything else. Bc I've been a military dependent for 22 years. As a daughter and now as a wife. We always had pets. And I feel military deserve the same opportunity to adopt as the est of the population. And I believe military soldiers coming home from fighting truly benifit from the love a pet can offer. They shouldn't have any trouble adopting or rescuing. Questions about where the dog will go while on deployment or if you are stationed elsewhere are acceptable and very understandable. But to flat out say no once you have said military or base housing, is wrong IMO.
Lucyana1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!