Thread: Why is this?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I know whatever they do is done with the best interest of the dog - I know that much about rescue and worked in it myself when I was able. These people put all that they are and all that they have into rescuing and helping dogs and they probably have pretty good stats on which homes dogs tend to live with longer and more successfully so I trust their decisions.

I don't like them all the time - such as my sister, she is older and blind and rescue will not allow her to have a dog. I don't like it but I fully understand it. She eventually did get a rescue from the pound and a dog never had a better, more pampered home 99% of the time - but there are issues that I can see would not be there if her dog were living elsewhere. I myself would probably be hardpressed to say that a dog living with her is living its best life and so can well understand rescue's position, especially with a small toy-sized dog.

Military families often have very young children and are moving/relocating a lot - not the best life for some dogs. I can understand that some rescues are reluctant to place a dog in that home when they think there might be a more-suited, better one coming up.

But since the rescuers are the ones putting forth all of that effort, time, blood, sweat and tears - and money, their decisions have to be given the greatest weight and understanding. I have to go with what they say on decisions about where to place the dogs they give so much of themselves to every single hour of every single day, year after year.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!