Thread: Why is this?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Lucyana1129
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Why is this?

So, I was just thinking about something today and Id like to hear others' opinions on the subject. I believe in rescuing. I also believe in buying from a respected breeder. However, more than once I have known people that wanted to adopt or rescue and were turned down so many times that they bought from a breeder. A lot of times they will not adopt out to military homes. I've known a couple that couldn't adopt bc they were told they weren't married, and lived in an apartment. I understand all the questions and regulations to a point. But part of me feels like shelters and rescue groups make it too difficult to rescue. But then get angry when those people that tried to rescue go out and buy from a breeder. The military part irritates me most. Yes, we move often, but not all of us abandon our pets. Most of us think of them as family and truly couldn't live day to day w/o them. There are those who give them up when they move. I also don't think its right to not allow a soldier to adopt bc he may get deployed at some point. So, this person that fights for our freedom and risks their life for us can't own a pet and be responsible? A lot of our soldiers benifit greatly from the therapy a pet can provide. Personally, I know we would never leave one of our pets behind. Where we go, they go. And we rnt the only ones. I just feel that shelters and rescue groups make it very difficult for some.
Lucyana1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!