View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #12
Bonnie's Mom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevineMissM
PLEASE do be safe. IMHO you should do the safe thing for your animals uh pets and throw the food out. If you do not have the bag containing the lot number or dates number I would not take a chance if it were my dogs. This toxin is lethal! It takes several days for the toxin to damage the liver...by then it is usually too late to save the dog. I'm not meaning to scare you just to ask you err on the side of caution.
The Univ of PA or Cornell (not sure which one) has developed a blood test for this toxin within the last couple of weeks. If anyone has a sick animal it might be prudent to ask your vet about this test.
Oh and let me tell ya.....way more than 76 dogs have died. Notice they said dogs turned into the FDA. There are scores of clinics in several states who have been fighting to save animals who have eaten this food over the last month. It is not pretty.

I definintly agree about erring on the side of caution, and had I known that Chicken Soup was made at the same plant, I would have thrown it out immediately when the recall was made. I guess the reason I am questioning it is since I am just finding out that some Chicken Soup may be affected, but mine have been eating out of the same bag for 3 1/2 months, I wouldn't think it would be possible for my food to be contaminated. I will call the vet and report back on what she says. I would never knowingly endanger our pets. We thought we were losing our 13 yr old Patch a few weeks ago, and my family was very upset. It turned out to be an infection from a bite (what from we don't know) and was treatable, he is now fine, but I never saw a dog get so sick so fast and when we took him to the ER, I never thought we would be bringing him home!
Bonnie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!